School/club links are an agreement between a school and a community based sports club.
Schools and clubs agree to:
- Work together
- Meet the needs of young people
- Provide new and varied opportunities
- Help in realising ambitions.
- What are the benefits of making a School/Club Link?
What to do if you are a Club:
- Propose the idea to the club committee.
- Address key questions at the time of committee meeting: Is the club committee interested in setting up a school-club link? Why do you want to develop a link? Which schools do you wish to target? Do you already have contact with these schools? Who from the club will lead on the link? What are you able to offer the school? i.e. taster sessions, specific club night?
- Contact Active Lincolnshire to receive support on your next step. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01522 730 325 and ask to speak to Lynsey Norris
- Contact target school(s)
- Arrange a time to meet up and put your plan in action.
- Sign a school-club link agreement form.
- Monitor the number of young people joining your club from different schools.
- Keep a register of the number of young people attending the club sessions.
For more information or to become a part of School Club links contact Active Lincolnshire on 01522 730 325 or email email@example.com.