Badminton England is the sport’s governing body in England.
Badminton is an indoor racket sport played using rackets and shuttlecocks.
Badminton is played as singles, doubles and mixed doubles and caters for all ages and ability levels from beginner through to world class performance.
Badminton England is responsible for the management and training of the elite England squad, and works alongside the other home nation governing bodies to prepare British players for the Olympics.
Badminton England also co-ordinates a development network that provides a pathway for aspiring players to progress from schools and clubs to the national squad.
Find out more about Badminton England here.
Halima Khan, Partnership Manager at Badminton England
Click here to find your nearest club.
SmashUp! has been developed to break the existing perception of badminton as being dull and boring, revitalising it with a new lease of life, challenging expectations and breaking the boundaries to create a fun and dynamic place where young people want to be. It is set to deliver some high achieving targets in terms of participation amongst the 13 – 16 age bracket to support our own Sport England targets, but beyond this it will support schools to deliver on their own targets, through:
- Increasing the number of students taking part in OSHL physical activity
- Appealing to a wider audience engaging them in physical activity
- Increasing the number of girls taking part in activity
- Increasing the skills of Young Leaders to enable them to facilitate SmashUp! sessions
- Increasing the number of students accessing sustainable routes such as Center Parcs National Schools Championships (in association with Sainsbury’s School Games), England Satellite Clubs, community sport clubs etc
- Providing trained experts to deliver activities reducing dependency on valuable teacher time
SmashUp! can be delivered by following one of two options:
Option 1 – A BADMINTON England SmashUp! Activator delivering for 30 weeks with the first 6 weeks FREE
Option 2 – 6 weeks FREE training for your own leader (staff member/ Young Leader who will then continue to run the session) plus discounted SmashUp! Kit