parkruns are free, weekly, community events which take place all around the world. Saturday morning events are 5k and take place in parks and open spaces. On Sunday mornings, there are 2k junior parkruns for children aged four to 14. parkrun is a positive, welcoming and inclusive experience where there is no time limit and no one finishes last.
You don’t have to run, you can jog walk, or even volunteer or just watch.
parkruns in Lincolshire
Lincolnshire currently has 8 parkruns in locations across the county (see below). To take part you just need to register for free at https://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/
Once registered with parkrun, you can participate in any events at any time.
- Cleethorpes Country Park – 169 North Sea Lane, Cleethorpes, DN35 0QZ
- Gainsborough Leisure Centre -The Avenue, Gainsborough, DN21 1EP
- Market Rasen Racecourse – Legsby Road, Market Rasen, LN8 3EA
- Doddington Hall – Main Street, Doddington, Lincoln, LN6 4RU
- Lincoln – Boultham Park, Hall Drive, Lincoln, LN6 7SW
- Skegness Boating Lake -Tower Esplanade, Skegness, PE25 3HH
- Boston – Tattershall Road, PE21 9LR
- Belton House – Belton, Grantham, NG32 2LS
To view the above locations on the parkrun map, or find parkruns elsewhere click here.
How Active Lincolnshire can help support parkruns
Active Lincolnshire can support volunteers and community group to set up new parkruns. Guidance and support we can provide includes:
- Work with partners to provide guidance in relation to the logistics of setting up parkrun – location mapping, course measurements, documentation production etc.
- Support groups to explore options for securing funding (all new parkruns require an initial set up fee)
- Provide guidance on health and safety, helping with documentation such as risk assessments and signposting to first aid courses
- Provide marketing support through Active Lincolnshire channels for the launch of new parkruns, and continued promotion once they are up and running