Updated advice from the Government means that there are new rules from the 13 May for how people in England can exercise outdoors.
Please see an overview below and follow the links for more information.
For the General Public
- Spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, picnicking, or sunbathing
- Meet one other person from a different household outdoors – following social distancing guidelines
- Exercise outdoors as often as you wish – following social distancing guidelines
- Use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course – with members of your household, or one other person while staying 2 metres apart
For the Sport & Recreation Sector
- Facilities associated with outdoor sports and physical activities can now reopen, if those responsible for them feel ready to do so and if they can do so safely. Facilities that can open include basketball and tennis courts, playing spaces like golf courses (public and private), playing fields and watersports.
- Outdoor gyms, playgrounds and outdoor swimming pools will remain closed.
- Each venue, including council-owned sports facilities, should make their own decisions about when their facilities are ready. Facilities must follow the social distancing guidance, and other restrictions in place.
Follow this link for full Government Guidance for providers of outdoor facilities on the phased return of sport and recreation
There is also specific information for personal trainers and coaches
For more advice and information for the sector visit our Covid-19 Sector Support Pages.