Round one of East Lindsey District Council’s 2013/14 Community Grant Scheme opens this month and a series of workshops have been arranged to help organisations who plan to submit an application for funding.
In the coming financial year the District Council has put £114,950 aside for Community Grants. This is in addition to the £2,000 allocated to each of the 60 District Councillors to support initiatives in their area.
Community Grants are available for formally constituted/governed ‘not for profit’ groups that have a specific project that they wish to complete. The grants can fund revenue or capital costs and can range from £250 through the simpler ‘Small Grant Scheme’ or up to £8,000 through the larger Community Grant Scheme.
The Community Grant workshops, which help organisations to develop strong applications, will take place as follows:
- Louth – Wednesday 13th March 7pm – 8.30pm at The Pavilion, London Road
- North Thoresby – Thursday 14th March 7pm – 8.30pm at North Thoresby Village Hall,
- Skegness – Monday 18th March 7pm – 8.30pm at Council Chamber, Town Hall, Skegness,
- Mablethorpe – Wednesday 20th March 7pm – 8.30pm at Community Room, Mablethorpe CAP, Stanley Avenue
- Horncastle – Thursday 21st March 7pm – 8.30pm at Horncastle Pavilion, Coronation Walk
- Coningsby – Tuesday 26th March 7pm – 8.30pm at Coningsby Village Hall,
- Spilsby – Wednesday 27th March 7pm – 8.30pm at Franklin Hall Spilsby
The application deadline for Round One is 7th May 2013. A second funding round will be held later in the year, with an application deadline during August 2013.
Grant Application packs can be obtained by contacting the Community Grants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01507 601111.