Minimum standards for active coaches
It is essential that all coaches meet the Minimum Standards for Active Coaches before they are able to coach. Minimum standards for Active coaches have been recommended for use by organisations engaged in the employment, deployment and development of coaches. The standards ensure qualified coaches deliver positive coaching experiences to participants. We aim to be the advocates for Minimum Standards for Active Coaches Across the County.
At Active Lincolnshire, we coordinate a number of generic coaching courses including First Aid, Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Equity in your Coaching and more.
Generic Coaching Courses
1. How to Deliver Engaging Sessions for Young People
2. Effective Communication: Coaching Deaf People in Sport
3. How to Delivery Engaging Sessions: A Guide for Developing Adults Through Sport
4. Positive Behaviour Management in Sport
5. Inclusive Coaching: Disability
6. Coaching Children (5-12)
7. An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement
8. How to Coach Disabled People in Sport
9. Safeguarding and Protecting Children
Active Lincolnshire is more than happy to organise additional workshops or courses for clubs or groups of volunteers.
We have successfully organised additional courses for:
- Positive Futures (Safeguarding and Protecting Children)
- Louth Dolphins Swimming Club (Equity in your coaching and Safeguarding and Protecting Children 1)
- City of Lincoln Pentaqua Swimming Club (Safeguarding and Protecting Children 1)
- Kesteven Rugby Club (Safeguarding and Protecting Children 1)