Frequently asked questions
1. Do we have to pay all the money upfront (£160)?
a. Yes, this guarantees your place as we have to turn away teams
2. Do we have to keep the same team every round as staff change shifts?
a. No, you can change the team but you must let me know two weeks before and players cannot change teams
3. Do we have to be disabled?
a. No, you don’t have to have a disability
4. My team and I have never played before so how do you keep it fair?
a. Most teams haven’t played before and we use the first round (nights 1 & 2) to rank the teams so people gain experience from playing shorter games and this keeps the score line competitive. In the second round (nights 3 & 4) we split in to two divisions the Cup and Plate that should help keep it competitive and these games are longer in length.
5. Do we have to buy our own kit?
a. It is great if you can all wear branded company kit or buy cheap t-shirts from Sports soccer (or other retailers) of all the same colour.
b. We will have bibs available but you may have to share these with other teams.
6. Are there wheelchairs available?
a. Yes, we will provided specialist sports chairs
7. Do I need to have played before?
a. No, it is really easy to pick up and the rules are simplified (not IWBF)
8. Do we have to bring our CEO
a. No, but this is also a great opportunity to network and it would be great to get as many senior staff there as possible
9. Is there an opportunity to train?
a. Yes, Jaguars Wheelchair Basketball Club can give you a training session on Tuesdays 17:00-18:20 in Lincoln if you sign up to play. This will be available throughout the league from now until July 2020.
10. Is there an opportunity to sponsor the event?
a. Yes, click here to view sponsorship form.
11. Can Active Lincolnshire run a tournament for us?
a. Yes, we do have companies/organisations that we do this with, who use this for team building these have ranged from 15 to 86 people
12. Is parking available?
a. Yes, off street parking will be available in the school grounds
13. Can I get changed at the venue?
a. Yes, there are male and female changing facilities
14. Do I have to bring my own drink?
a. Yes, we want cut down on waste so please bring your own supply of water/drink
15. Is it the same time and venue every round?
a. Yes, it is the same venue and the fixtures take place between 18:00-21:00
16. Will you remind me of the dates?
a. Yes, we will be using a free app called spond that will send you and your team members notifications and notify you of their availability (mobile numbers required)
17. What is the format of the league?
a. This will depend on the number of teams but see the format section based on 16 teams.
18. Is there an opportunity to do other Challenges?
a. Yes, please contact Louise.Key@ActiveLincolnshire.com