Become a Run Leader and inspire others to jog!
The Leadership in Running Fitness course is designed to prepare you as a Run Leader to provide a safe and enjoyable running experience for people of any age and ability.
We’re looking for Run Leaders to lead group sessions through our new programme, Jog Lincolnshire.
What will you learn?
The course will focus on the safe organisation of running activity and how to lead a group of inexperienced runners.
Topics covered include:
- The barriers that stop people from taking up running
- What you could do as a leader to make a difference for them
- How to deliver a safe and fun warm up and cool down
- The different types of running activity that can make jogging varied and enjoyable
- How to plan and deliver sessions that are safe and fun
Who should go on this course?
If you have an interest in running for fitness and you’d like to lead a group, then this course is for you.
Active Lincolnshires Partnership will subsidise the one day £90 course for all Run Leaders who sign up through Jog Lincolnshire. We ask that all Run Leaders commit to delivering two 10-week sessions to encourage other people to take up jogging in return for the course.
Upcoming course dates
Sunday 20th May 2012
8.30am – 5.00pm
Yarborough Leisure Centre, Lincoln
Price: £90pp (or free for Jog Lincolnshire Run Leaders)
Deadline date to apply: Friday 11th May 2012
To register your attendance on the course, please fill out the LIRF Course Booking Form 20.5.2012.