School-Club Links are an agreement between a school and a community based sports club.
Schools and clubs agree to:
- Work together
- Meet the needs of young people
- Provide new and varied opportunities
- Help in realising ambitions.
What to do if you are a School:
- Propose the idea to the PE department.
- Address key questions: Is the PE department interested in setting up a school-club link? Why do you want to develop a link? Which clubs do you wish to target? Who from the school will lead on the link? What are you able to offer the club i.e, facilities and signposting.
- Contact Active Lincolnshire to receive support on your next step. Email email@example.com or call 01522 730 325 and ask to speak to Lucy Blakey.
- Establish if your targeted club provides a suitable environment.
- Contact your local club: Details on Lincolnshire sports clubs can be found on our website www.lincolnshiresport.com/clubs
- If the club is interested in setting up a link, arrange a time to meet up and discuss: The effectiveness of links will be down to the commitment of people involved. It is vital that both school and club are committed to a link and that you are in regular communication.
- Put your plan into action and sign a school-club link agreement form.
- Monitor the number of young people joining the club from your school: Keep a register of the number of young people attending the sessions.
For more information or to become a part of School Club links contact Active Lincolnshire on 01522 730 325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.