Download our Safeguarding leaflet – A Guide for Clubs
Examples of things to remember:
- Clubs should have a dedicated welfare officer who looks after Safeguarding at the club
- Photography and videoing children must always comply with the clubs/organisations child protection policy. Video can be an excellent coaching tool but parental/ carer permission must be sought
- All clubs should have valid and up to date insurance
- Clubs should ensure their coaches are always acting appropriately for age, ability and numbers in the group and also in terms of contact with players.
- Clubs should be aware of all the participants medical needs and ensure the session is taking place in a safe environment with risk assessments undertaken for both the facility and the activity.