Working with partner schools we are seeking to appoint a number of full-time enthusiastic, self-motivated and intuitive PE and School Sports Apprentices to work within a school setting and to support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning.
These positions are for a one year contract with qualifications and training delivered alongside the role.
The positions are currently based in Primary Schools across Lincolnshire.
The apprenticeship will lead to a qualification in a Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of P.E and School Sport.
Possible work tasks/responsibilities of a P.E and School Sport Apprentice:
• Apprentices have 1 day per week of training with Course Tutor and 4 days a week working in their school
• Support the delivery of P.E. and school sport
• Help select/train teams
• Run/assist with lunchtime/after school clubs
• Run Change 4 Life and breakfast clubs
• Assist with competitions and School Games
• Mentor groups of more able/less able
• Assist with small group literacy/numeracy tasks if P.E. not timetabled
• Help with assessments and inputting of data
• Organise P.E. notice boards
• Take charge of P.E. store cupboard
• Ideally Maths and English at G.C.S.E Grade C or above (or Functional Skills Level 2, although this can be taught during the apprenticeship)
• A keen interest in sport
• Excellent levels of attendance and punctuality
• Ability to be adaptable and use initiative
Apprenticeship wage currently £3.50 an hour
For further information and to request an application form please contact Vincent Brittain on 01476 578137 or firstname.lastname@example.org