Working with partner schools we are seeking to appoint a number of full-time enthusiastic, self-motivated and intuitive PE and School Sports Apprentices to work within a school setting and to support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning.
These positions are for a one year contract with qualifications and training delivered alongside the role.
The positions are currently based in Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and SEND schools across Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire.
The apprenticeship will lead to a qualification in a Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport.
Possible work tasks/responsibilities of a PE and School Sport Apprentice:
• Apprentices have 1 day per week of training with Course Tutor and 4 days a week working in their school
• Support the delivery of PE and school sport
• Help select/train teams
• Run/assist with lunchtime/after school clubs
• Run Change 4 Life and breakfast clubs
• Assist with competitions and School Games
• Mentor groups of more able/less able
• Assist with small group literacy/numeracy tasks if PE not timetabled
• Help with assessments and inputting of data
• Organise PE notice boards
• Take charge of PE store cupboard
• Ideally Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or above (or Functional Skills Level 2, although this can be taught during the apprenticeship)
• A keen interest in sport
• Excellent levels of attendance and punctuality
• Ability to be adaptable and use initiative
Apprenticeship wage starts from £3.70 an hour
For further information and to request an application form please contact Jon Clack / Steve Bull on 01476 578137 or firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com