Invest in your future self this Self Care Week (12 – 18 November) by making small changes that can make a big difference.
Our challenge for all workplaces in Lincolnshire this year is to have at least ONE ‘walk and talk’ meeting and for employers to encourage active lunchtimes.
Make sure you take photos of your active workplace and tag us in your efforts!
#Activelincs #Selfcareweek #activeworkplace #selfcareforlife
If walking in or around your office is not an option why not try our “pre-meeting stretch routine”?
Click here to see the quick 5 min routine demo’d by our very own staff!
Click here to download our Self Care Week poster for your workplace.
It’s never too early or too late to begin to make small, simple changes that will enhance and protect your health now and, in the future, and often, one small change will make a big difference to your wellbeing.
For instance, choosing to become more active will not only improve your physical health, it will also boost your mood, particularly if you choose to exercise outdoors in the fresh air.
We advise you follow these small steps to a healthier you:
• Get active; advice is to exercise for at least twenty minutes a day, it’s ideal if you can incorporate this into your day by ditching the car and walking to work, or walking the dog, taking the stairs or even dancing around the kitchen table to your favourite songs!
Many Leisure providers in Lincolnshire are opening their doors during Self Care Week with special offers- follow this link to see the participating centres and their offers.
• Eat well. We all know that healthy eating is crucial to our health so we can start by swapping unhealthy snacks for healthy options such as nuts, seeds and fruit.
• Make positive changes! Take steps to stop those bad habits that don’t serve you well. This Self Care Week make a plan to stop smoking, reduce alcohol intake and get active! Your pharmacist can help with lifestyle changes such as weight management and stop smoking services.
• Rest. A good’s night’s sleep is as essential to our health and wellbeing as eating healthily and exercising so, make sure you get the recommended 7-8 hours a night!
• Stop! These days we lead have such busy lives that we sometimes forget to slow down and stop. Find time in your day to just quieten your mind. Mindfulness or yoga might be helpful.