England Netball promotes a range of opportunities to play across the county. These include local clubs for adults and juniors, Back to Netball sessions for those who need a gentle reintroduction to the sport and Walking Netball for those keen to play a lower impact version of the game. What’s on near you can be found on the website
“If people can’t find what they are looking for on the website, then please get in touch with me. It may be that we will need to set up new sessions to cope with demand”, added Louise.
This is a sport for everyone and there is certainly no better time to put on some trainers and give
• According to Sport England’s Active Lives survey (Nov16/Nov17), over a quarter of a million adults in England took part in netball twice in the last month (282,000). This represents 0.6% of all adults.
• This makes netball the 4th biggest team sport overall (behind football, cricket and basketball).
• On a typical weekend, there are more women playing netball than men playing Rugby Union.
• Last year over 20,000 new women took part in England Netball programmes such as Back to Netball aimed to grow participation in the sport.
• In Lincolnshire we have 1,600 members, 64 teams across 7 leagues and 12 junior clubs
• Women also took part in 3 Netball Now Pay and Play sessions, 10 Walking Netball sessions and 7 Back to Netball sessions. A total of 867 were new to netball and hadn’t played for years!