At Active Lincolnshire, our aim is to increase participation in sport and physical activity across the county. We work with a variety of partners to coordinate programmes and events to encourage people to be active, and stay active.
To celebrate the New Year, we wanted to share information about some of the projects in Lincolnshire, and how you can get involved.
Sport and Activity in Lincolnshire
- Activity Finder – Search, upload and promote sports and activities in your area for free. There are currently more than 1000 activities registered on the site. Find an activity near you.
- Workplace Challenge – a free eight week national challenge to encourage more people to take part in sport and activity. The challenge started on 4 January so there’s still plenty of time to sign up and take part. Discover more.
- Back to Netball – six Back to Netball sessions are being launched this month to provide ladies of all ages with a gentle re-introduction to the sport. Sessions are taking place in Lincoln, Grantham, Louth, Sleaford and Stickney. Read more.
- parkrun – There are currently four 5km timed parkrun events taking place across Lincolnshire, every Saturday morning at 9.00am. Whether you run, jog or walk, they are open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in. Find out more.
- Judo Yellow Belt Challenge – Everyone who starts judo begins as a white belt. By learning throws and hold-downs, you progress to a red and then onto a yellow belt. Sign up to the Yellow Belt Challenge for free and within days receive a challenge pack in the post. Sign up now.
- Macmillan Get Active Feel Good Lincolnshire – Active Lincolnshire and Macmillan Cancer Support have forged a new partnership to help improve outcomes in cancer patients by supporting them to be more active. Gentle exercise can help with preparation for surgery, as well as reduce the side effects of treatment. Regular activity will also develop mobility, strength, endurance and support the immune system in the long and short term. Read more.
Staff New Year’s Resolutions
At Active Lincolnshire, we don’t want you think that you’re starting your New Year’s Resolution alone! Watch our staff share their goals for 2016 in our short video below. Enjoy!