There is still a chance to register for free British Cycling led bike rides in and around Lincoln.
In partnership with Skyride Local, Active Lincolnshire is encouraging individuals, families and groups to get fit and meet new people by dusting off their bikes throughout the summer months and take to the saddle.
Skyride Local events are open to everyone and they’re organised and guided by British Cycling trained Ride Leaders, who are on hand to offer encouragement and support throughout. There are rides for all ages, with varying levels from easy-going through to more challenging rides.
British Cycling Ride Leader Ray Whitehouse said: “These rides are not only a great form of exercise, they are a great chance to meet new people. There are so many opportunities to get out on your bike with Sky Ride Local and enjoy Lincolnshire’s fantastic countryside. As well as the family-friendly easy-going and steady rides, the challenging rides can really give you an idea of what it is like to take on the hills and push yourself – just like the pro riders!”
The rides with spaces still available are:
- Sky Ride Local Le Petit Grand Prix | Saturday 10th May | 10am
- Bassingham/Norton Disney Countryside Loop | Sunday 18th May | 9.30am | 9 miles
- Wheeling around Welton | Sunday 1st June | 10am
- Skelli – Doddi Loop | Saturday 7th June | 10am
- Harby Loop | Sunday 8th June | 10am
- Skellingthorpe – Fledborough Viaduct | Sunday 8th June | 10am
- Bassingham/Norton Disney Countryside Loop | Sunday 15th June | 09.30am
- Washingbroough/Branston Loop | Sunday 15th June | 2pm
- Saxilby Wrigsley | Saturday 21st June | 10am
- Birchwood – Hartsholme Nature Park Loop | Saturday 21st June | 2pm
To register for one of these exciting rides or to find out more about other Sky Rides happening in our area, visit goskyride.com/lincoln.