Sport and Physical Activity will be honoured throughout the evening which will take place at the Epic Centre at the Lincolnshire Showground, on Thursday 8th November 2012.
Active Lincolnshires Partnership is encouraging everyone in the county to nominate sportsmen and women, volunteers, coaches and educators for one of 15 awards.
Marc Rhodes, Events Officer at Active Lincolnshires Partnership, said:
“The Active Lincolnshires Awards recognises sportspeople from across the county for their sporting achievements in the last 12 months. We know that there are lots of talented sportsmen and women in our county, and this is our chance to honour their accomplishments and present them with an award at our annual awards ceremony.
“There are 15 categories altogether and as well as sportsmen and women, we want to pay respect to the hundreds of volunteers, coaches, teachers and parents behind the scenes who make sport and physical activity what it is in Lincolnshire.”
The full list of award categories for the Active Lincolnshires Awards 2012 is:
- Sportsman of the Year
- Sportswoman of the Year
- Young Sportsman of the Year
- Young Sportswoman of the Year
- Veteran Sportsperson of the Year
- Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
- Young Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Sports Club of the Year
- Sports Volunteer of the Year
- Sports Educator of the Year
- County Sports Organisation of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Contribution to Physical Activity
- Active 4 Health Award
The deadline to nominate someone for the Active Lincolnshires Awards is Friday 14th September 2012.