Contract Type – Casual Contract
Team – Based within the NK Outreach team who are based at One NK, North Hykeham
Location – Delivering across North Kesteven District and other areas of Lincolnshire when required
Employer – Leisure in the Community
1Life is a forward thinking lifestyle and management solutions company who manages the NK Outreach team in partnership with North Kesteven District Council.
The NK Outreach Team and Position Overview
The NK Outreach team delivers various community sport and recreational projects across the North Kesteven District, as well as delivers activities outside the district for certain events.
The team’s mobile facilities include mobile climbing wall, medium skate park, mobile mini half pipe and mobile free bound equipment and play equipment; we also run cycling and football events. Full training on our activities will be given. We are looking for the position of NK Activity worker and Driver to tow our mobile equipment (so necessary licence categories are required) and then to also work on our mobile facilities delivering our fun and safe programme.
The team deliver various community events which can either be arranged directly by the team or that can be externally hired or arranged. A professional manner is essential as the team can engage with hirers, parish councils, as well as parents and children. The team can operate 7 days a week so the team require flexibility to be able to work, daytimes, evening or weekends. Our community activities engage with all ages and are free to all users, so the team are looking for an upbeat character that can fit into the team’s ethos.
Main duties will include:
- Performing vehicle checks before and after any vehicle/ equipment has been delivered, then collating and handing this paperwork into the NK Outreach team office.
- Driving the equipment to and from set event locations.
- To successfully deliver the session with other workers when out on location. This will include managing registers/ feedback forms and other paperwork via our policies and procedures as well as supervising activities and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all participants.
- To help in promotion of the team’s activities as and when delivering activities to further raise awareness of the teams community offer.
- To continually engage with the activity participants to ensure they are having a fun and safe experience.
- The role can be very flexible due to weather circumstances, or due to a problem directly on site, so ability to adapt to changing situations with professionalism is crucial.
- To work alongside the teams other driver to assist with vehicle safety and monitoring of faults or any repairs/ servicing required, which may include some liaison with Lindum’s Construction in North Hykeham.
- The role may require double or triple runs depending on event location or other driver’s availability.
Person Specification (Essential)
Full clean UK Driving licence
Category B & E
Aged 21 or over (for insurance purposes)
Flexible availability to work daytimes, evenings or weekends
A fun outgoing personality to be able to engage with all groups within the community
Person Specification (Desirable)
Some previous experience engaging with children and young people
Experience of community outreach work
To hold a current first aid at work qualification
Have previous experience/ training of current safe guarding requirements
Having experience of taking delivery and collection of external vehicles is desirable, as the team hire vehicles externally for each event.
Why work for 1Life
Working for 1Life is rewarding. All staff receives a learning and development plan giving you clear direction and scope for career progression. We offer training, competitive salaries, excellent company benefits and a comprehensive range of benefits and rewards to recognise hard work and dedication.
1Life is an equal opportunities employer
Salary, plus company benefits
The position of Driver (including NK Activity Worker duties) is a casual contract role and will be paid £7 per hour if aged 24 or under or £7.20 per hour if aged 25 or over.
For the hours required to drive, the rate of pay is £8 per hour.
How to apply
To apply for the position please send a CV to the email below.
For any more information please contact the NK Sport and Physical Activity Manager on 01522 694 353 or by email: Benjamin.Rowe@1life.co.uk .
Alternatively, you can submit your CV via post to:
Benjamin Rowe, NK Outreach Team, North Kesteven Centre, Moor Lane, North Hykeham, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN6 9AX.