Ideal for those who would like to plan, organise and run sporting events and competitions.
Sports Leaders UK has recently launched two new volunteering qualifications: the Level 1 Award in Sports Volunteering and the Level 2 Award in Community Sports Volunteering.
Both awards are ideal for learners who do not want to act as Sports Leaders or become Coaches, but who would instead like to plan, organise and run sporting events or competitions and/or take on the role of officials.
The Level 1 Award in Sports Volunteering can be delivered to learners aged 13+ and takes 28 hours to deliver which includes 5 hours volunteering at an event or competition.
If you are already an Approved Assessment Centre for Sports Leaders UK and have Tutors trained to deliver the Level 1 and Level 2 Awards in Sports Leadership then your school will be ready to start delivering the Sports Leaders UK volunteering qualifications.
When you apply to run a course your centre will receive access to a free Tutor Resource. The cost per learner for the Level 1 Award in Sports Volunteering is £16.
The qualifications can easily be delivered within core PE or in a few block sessions such as PSE Days and School Sports Week.
Level 1 Award in Sports Volunteering
Unit Title: Sports Volunteer roles and responsibilities
Guided learning hours: 3
- Be able to identify the roles and responsibilities of a sports volunteer
- Understand the importance of volunteering in sport
Unit Title: Developing sports volunteering skills
Guided Learning Hours: 12 (includes 5 hours volunteering)
- Know the skills, qualities and values a sports volunteer will need
- Be able to use communication skills in a sports volunteer role
- Be able to assist in managing behaviour
- Be able to complete a sports volunteer role (includes volunteering for 5 hours at an event/events at the end of the course)
Guided Learning Hours: 5
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of officials
- Understand the rules and regulations of a specific sport/activity
- Act as an official
Guided Learning Hours: 8
- Understand the different types of events and competitions
- Be able to assist in the planning of an event or competition
- Be able to assist in the leadership of an event or competition
- Be able to evaluate an event or competition