We run a number of generic coaching courses to help you develop as a sports coach or instructor.
Click on the booklet to view Active Lincolnshire’s Lincolnshire Workforce Education Programme 2017 for April – June 2017.
NB: New courses may be added in that time period and the document will be updated at regular intervals. For the very latest courses and how to book a place on them visit the ‘Find a course’ page.
If you have any questions on any of the courses or the Coaches and Volunteer Programme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum standards for active coaches
It is essential that all coaches meet the Minimum Standards for Active Coaches before they are able to coach. Minimum standards for Active coaches have been recommended for use by organisations engaged in the employment, deployment and development of coaches. The standards ensure qualified coaches deliver positive coaching experiences to participants. We aim to be the advocates for Minimum Standards for Active Coaches Across the County.
At Active Lincolnshire, we coordinate a number of generic coaching courses including First Aid, Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Equity in your Coaching and more. We have a full range of courses on offer, but for more sports specific courses, please click here.
Generic Coaching Courses
1. How to Deliver Engaging Sessions for Young People
2. Effective Communication: Coaching Deaf People in Sport
3. How to Delivery Engaging Sessions: A Guide for Developing Adults Through Sport
4. Positive Behaviour Management in Sport
5. Inclusive Coaching: Disability
6. Coaching Children (5-12)
7. An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement
8. How to Coach Disabled People in Sport
9. Safeguarding and Protecting Children
Active Lincolnshire is more than happy to organise additional workshops or courses for clubs or groups of volunteers.
We have successfully organised additional courses for:
- Louth Dolphins Swimming Club (Equity in your coaching and Safeguarding and Protecting Children 1)
- City of Lincoln Pentaqua Swimming Club (Safeguarding and Protecting Children 1)
- Kesteven Rugby Club (Safeguarding and Protecting Children 1)
Would you like to coach Netball?
Get Involved with coaching Netball in Lincolnshire. Click here to view the variety of coaching courses available.
Promote your coaching course for free
Are you planning a half term or Easter coaching course for performance/fitness/skill? Or just want to promote your facilities for fitness/events/classes ready for New Year?
Women’s Sports Network’s @ACTIVEMapX goes from strength to strength with over 15,000 classes to ‘TRY’ and get ACTIVE. You can promote your coaching sessions on WSNet for free!
Whatever the sport, you can advertise your coaching sessions on @ACTIVEMapX and promote to the thousands now using the website – www.wsnet.co.uk/SUBMIT – select green for ACTIVEMapCOACH.