Active Lincolnshire are working with a number of our partners including; local authorities, sports facilities, clubs and leisure providers to deliver a Free Weekend of Sport on the 20th and 21st June.
Facilities across the whole county are opening their doors to Lincolnshire residents and encouraging more people to be more active, more often. This could be in the form of taster sessions, coaching or free access to fitness classes and group exercise.
Many of the activities are listed below and you can also visit our Activity Finder to find out more about the #FreeWeekend and sessions that are taking place across Lincolnshire every day!
Free Sports & Activities
- Meridian Leisure Centre, Louth – Open gym sessions, Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st, 8am-7pm
- Meridian Leisure Centre, Louth – Beginners and intermediate Go Sky Ride cycling session, Saturday 20th at 10am
- Meridian Leisure Centre, Louth – Zorb Football, Saturday 20th, 3pm-5pm
- Louth Bowls Club – Saturday 20th, Open day
- Lincoln Cannons Volleyball Club, Lifestyle Fitness, Cherry Willingham- Sunday 21st, 7-8pm, Free taster session
- Lincoln Rugby Club – Lodge Lane, Nettleham – Sunday 21st, 10am-3pm- Demonstrations of Tag, Touch & Contact Rugby
- Lifestyle Fitness, Cherry Willingham – 20th & 21st, Selected free classes and gym access
- Lindum Sports Club- Sunday 21st – Taster sessions in Hockey, Cricket, Squash and a group jogging session between 10am-4pm
- Fit4Less, Lincoln – Selected classes and gym sessions
- Active Nation Yarborough Leisure Centre – Free access to gym facilities and selected free swimming times. Plus, free taster sessions with various sports clubs
- Active Nation Birchwood Leisure Centre – As above
- Lincolnshire YMCA Fitness Centre, Lincoln – Free access to gym facilities and sauna
- Parkrun Lincoln – Free 5K run, Boultham Park, Saturday 20th at 9am
- North Kesteven Centre, Lincoln – 20th & 21st, All day: Free gym access, sports hall hire, swimming, 3G Pitch Hire
- North Kesteven Centre, Lincoln – Saturday 20th, 1pm-4pm, mobile climbing wall
- North Kesteven Centre, Lincoln – Saturday 20th, 10am, Free exercise class
- North Kesteven Centre, Lincoln – Saturday 20th, 10am, Free Health Walk
- North Kesteven Centre, Lincoln – Saturday 20th, Free aerial dance workshops
- Sleaford Leisure Centre, Sleaford – 20th & 21st, Free swimming and exercise class taster sessions (at selected times TBC)
- Northgate Sports Centre, Sleaford – 20th & 21st, Free sports hall hire (subject to availability)
- Northgate Sports Centre, Sleaford – 20th & 21st, Free gym access
- Castle Sports Complex, Spalding – Bowls taster session – Saturday 20th from 9.30am – 12.30pm, booking advised at reception
- Castle Sports Complex, Spalding-Free Badminton – available all weekend, booking advised
- Castle Sports Complex, Spalding- Free gym session – available all weekend, over 16’s only, and a medical form must be completed prior to session.
- Castle Sports Complex, Spalding- Free Body Pump class Sunday 9am – booking advised.
- Castle Sports Complex, Spalding – Free health checks on Saturday only – booking advised.
- Castle Sports Complex, Spalding – Free family fun swim – Saturday only 10am – 12noon
- Peele Leisure Centre, Long Sutton-Free gym session running both days – over 16’s only, and a medical form must be completed prior to session.
- Peele Leisure Centre, Long Sutton- Free health check – both days, booking advised.
- Peele Leisure Centre, Long Sutton- Free Badminton – both days, booking advised.
- Curves for Women, Stamford – Selected free sessions
- Grantham Meres Leisure Centre – 20th & 21st, Free court hire all weekend (subject to availability)
- Grantham Meres Leisure Centre – Sunday 21st, Free swimming from 10am-12noon
- West Lindsey Leisure Centre- Saturday 20th June:
- 10am – 11am: Bowls
- 11am – 1.30pm: Archery
- 2pm – 3pm: Pool Inflatable
- 3pm – 4pm: Bouncy Castle / Trampolining
- 5pm – 7pm: Roller Disco
- Sunday 21st June – Fathers Day special offer: Dad’s swim for free
- Parkrun Gainsborough – Free 5K run, West Lindsey Leisure Centre, Saturday 20th at 9am
Share your #FreeWeekend
Follow us on Twitter and send pictures to@LincsSport using the hashtag #FreeWeekend.
Find us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/lincssport
N.B. In many cases it is advisable to contact the facility or club you would like to attend and confirm your attendance. Remember to quote the ‘Free Weekend of Sport’ when you go to your session.