Overview of the workshop
The Open Water Coaching workshop is aimed primarily at coaches who currently deliver or would like to deliver coached open water sessions.
The one-day workshop has a mix of theory and practical designed to support the development of open water coaching knowledge and ability.
As well as getting hands on practical experience coaching a group of open water swimmers, you will also cover
- What types of activities can go into an open water session and how to integrate these into a session plan
- The health and safety of open water coaching and what to look for in a venue when delivering open water sessions
- Coaching skills for effective open water session delivery
- How to effectively manage a safety team and gaining an insight how to best work with them.
- Level 1 Triathlon Coach. Level 1 coaches will only be qualified as an assistant coach
- Level 2 or Trainee L2 coach (enrolled on a current Coaching Course)
- Level 3 Triathlon Coach
- Up to date Home Nation’s membership
The workshop will provide you with
· A deeper understanding of how to coach in open water environment
· The knowledge to ensure your sessions are safe
· Practical experience to develop your open water coaching skills
· Accesses to multiple online resources to support your coaching
· An opportunity to reflect on your open water coaching with the support of other coaches
NOTE: This workshop requires some travel between sites. Please be prepared to be able to travel to Rutland Water from Manton. It is approximately 10 minute drive away.
Please note this is a course run by an external partner, bookings and payment are taken by them, however we are happy to help with any queries regarding the course.